March 1, 2012

Food Network Magazine Soda-Bread Biscuits

We are big fans of baked goods in my household and would be horrible on a low-carb diet. My kids have been known to eat an entire loaf of homemade bread in a day and my husband has a soft spot for brownies. As for me I haven't met a scone, muffin, or biscuit that I don't love. Given my family's love of baked goods I am always looking for new recipes to serve as dinner sides. One of our favorite breads is Irish soda bread, so I was intrigued when a recent issue of the Food Network Magazine had a recipe for Soda-Bread Biscuits.

This recipe has 8 ingredients. It takes approximately 30 minutes to prep and bake and makes six biscuits. I had no problems finding any of the ingredients at my local grocery store and made no ingredient modifications. I chose to make larger biscuits, so I had a total of six. I turned my baking sheets halfway through the baking time in order to prevent burning. I followed the remainder of the recipe as written.

The Irish soda bread recipe that I normally use is very traditional, and I love it. However, for biscuits I love experimenting with new flavors and this recipe does a nice job of combining the idea of soda bread with the delicious flavors of caraway and raisins in a biscuit. These were perfect for a side at dinner and they tasted great with melted butter. Overall, an easy biscuit recipe that my whole family enjoyed.

For the recipe go to Soda-Bread Biscuits.

20 comments:

  1. We couldn't do low-carb around here either and everything tastes better with melted butter! These sound tasty and easy (my fav recipe!). Thanks, Frugal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love anything with melted butter on top :) These are yummy and easy!

      Delete
    2. I made these biscuits today (St. Paddy's, of course!) and they came out wonderful! I doubled the batch, so we'll have some with breakfast tomorrow. I won't wait for St. Paddy's day to make them again! Thanks, Frugal! :)

      Delete
    3. I'm glad that they turned out well! I doubled the batch the second time I made these also since they don't make many biscuits with a single recipe. I made soda bread for St. Paddy's day, my kids were so excited to help me in the kitchen :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yum yum. Now I want to makwe some as well :)

    I'm following could you follow back :)

    http://bookenslaved.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so good! I have only made soda bread once before, even then, not sure it was what I expected. These will be wonderful with a bowl of soup for dinner, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one recipe that I use all the time that I love, but every other recipe for soda bread I have tried I haven't liked. I liked these biscuits because the flavor from the caraway seeds and raisins worked really well together. They would be great with soup!

      Delete
  4. These look wonderful! Thanks for following me, I am following back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I found you on today's blog hop. I will be making these as soon as I finish my diet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are yummy, good luck with your diet! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. i am carbs all the way..this is a great and easy recipe .thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) This recipe really is great and very easy!

      Delete
  7. These biscuits look fabulous! I will definitely be trying these. Thanks for stopping by today and following. I am following you back. ~Heather @ http://lovelybeautifulsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope you like them if you try them!

      Delete
  8. New follower and these look yummy!
    ~Gail http://gaelstreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love our baked goods and lots of butter also! I will have to try the biscuits. Thanks Easy2Save

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...