February 14, 2012

Everyday Food Sauteed Zucchini, Peppers, and Tomatoes



I love really simple recipes. Sometimes the best dishes have few ingredients, letting the flavors shine through. I hate when vegetable dishes are smothered in too much cheese or have 20 ingredients virtually masking the actual taste of the vegetables. My favorite salads are basically vegetables, a little cheese and a light dressing, simple and delicious. This fall when Borders went out of business they had all their magazines on clearance and I picked up a copy of Everyday Food's summer special. I've used a number of the recipes and one that I have particularly liked is the recipe for Sauteed Zucchini, Peppers, and Tomatoes, which is simple, light and delicious.

This recipe has 8 ingredients. It takes approximately 15 minutes to prep and makes 4 servings. I had no problems finding any of the ingredients at my local grocery store and made no recipe substitutions. I used cherry tomatoes since they are always easier to find than grape tomatoes. Instead of serving the vegetables on their own I stirred them into couscous and served it as a side dish. I followed the remainder of the recipe as written.

I really liked the way this recipe tasted when stirred into couscous. By itself it was a little too soggy for my tastes., but it was great with couscous. The exact recipe isn't on-line, but the recipe that is available is almost identical except it lacks fresh oregano. This recipe is a great way to add more fresh vegetables into your diet and very easy to prepare.

For the recipe go to Sauteed Zucchini, Peppers, and Tomatoes.

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and something my kids would eat too! I'm always looking for yummy things with few ingredients!

    I'm a new linky follower from a blog hop! Would love it if you'd consider dropping by and following too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Both of my boys ate this and loved it! Followed you back, have a great day!

      Delete
  2. We actually have good grape tomatoes down at the store right now that I could use. I just G+ you. I thought I had already, and I'll do your new linky. I have to get one of those too. What a pain with all of the changes, huh;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about all the changes! It's driving me crazy that now we have to be active on 10,000 social media outlets. I need more time in the day to keep up :) I followed you back on G+, have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ann.. Thanks for liking my facebook page.. I too have liked your page. This is a great blog and I am following it now.

    Would love it if you could also visit my site and subscribe to the magazine.

    http://www.shishuworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Subscribed to your magazine, have a great weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...