February 10, 2012

Eating Well Leek and Lemon Linguine

Anyone that reads my blog consistently is probably tired of hearing me profess my love for pasta. It is the one food that I have loved as far back as I can remember and that even if I'm having a bad day I feel better after eating. My two boys share my pasta love and are often caught eating pasta leftovers while standing in front of the fridge. I'm not a big fan of heavy pasta sauces. My favorite way to prepare pasta is with a light sauce of butter and cheese. Overly heavy jarred sauces leave me lethargic and bored. I'm still working on having the time to make homemade pasta consistently. I have even bought the attachment for my kitchenaid, but haven't actually made anything other than ravioli; someday it will happen. Lately I have been receiving a new food magazine, Eating Well, and I have been pleased with the large amount of pasta recipes included. One of the recipes that caught my eye was for Leek and Lemon Linguine, which looked simple and full of lemon flavor.

This recipe has 10 ingredients. It takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook and makes four servings. I had no problems finding any of the ingredients at my local grocery store. Instead of using whole-wheat pasta I used regular spaghetti. Honestly, I know that whole-wheat pasta is better for me, but I just can't deal with the taste. I have tried every brand available and I find them all slightly gritty and with a flavor that isn't to my liking. Following the recipe suggestion I added a small amount of goat cheese to the finished pasta and tossed. I followed the remainder of the recipe as written

For less than two dollars a serving, this recipe is full of flavor from the lemon zest and cheese. I like how simple the flavors and preparation was and the ingredients basic and easy to find. I ended up doubling the recipe in order to feed my family of four and have enough for leftovers. The leftovers were even better the next day after all the flavors had sat in the fridge overnight. Overall, a simple pasta recipes that costs dollars to make.

For the recipe go to Leek and Lemon Linguine.

4 comments:

  1. That looks so good right about now! I am now following you on linky and would love a follow back when you get a chance. I have some awesome giveaways going on right now! You will receive an extra 5 entries for each of my giveaways that you enter just for following me on linky! http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I followed you back, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I am always intrigued by complex flavoure combinations in a pasta sauce. Your leek and lemon linguine look very appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love complex pasta flavors also, yum! This recipe was appetizing and very easy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...